My mouth started watering just typing out the title of this delicious bread recipe! I had attempted another recipe in hopes of sharing it with y'all on the blog, but it was without a doubt a failure! This baking has taken place during the COVID-19 pandemic, so I decided to search my refrigerator and pantry and work with what I had on hand to come up with something else. I was completely winging it, as usual, but this recipe came together perfectly on the first try!
This recipe was adapted from the following blog post: https://www.olgainthekitchen.com/raspberry-pecan-honey-bread/. I decided to make this bread gluten free and used Pillsbury gluten free all purpose flour, which I can usually find at H-E-B! If you know me, then you know I am all about clean/healthy eating, which my husband, Clint, sometimes likes and sometimes does not! Ha! I recently tried vegetable butter with almond oil for the first time as a dairy free option, which would be a great substitute to use in this recipe if you wish. I also used light sour cream!
Taking photos for this blog post was much more challenging than usual and my husband had a good laugh watching me try! I have a window seating area in our dining room where I like to take all of my photos. It's the best spot for great natural light. A man just so happened to be up on a ladder in front of this window installing gutters on our house as I was trying to shoot these before it got dark! I would sneak in front of the window with my loaf of raspberry honey bread and climb up on a dining chair to snap a few pictures while he ran to his truck to get supplies. I didn't want him to think I was totally crazy! These were the best I could come up with, given the circumstances!
I am a big fan of a slice of banana bread or coffee cake paired with a yummy iced coffee and this was one of the best fruit bread recipes I had ever tasted! It was moist and flavorful, with the pecan streusel topping adding the perfect sweet crunch. I hope you like it as much as we did!
I wanted to share something I read earlier this week that will hopefully help if you need a perspective shift during this time of social distancing and quarantine: You're not stuck at home. You're safe at home. I am grateful for the extra time at home I have had to be able to bake comforting and yummy recipes to share with you! Practice gratitude. It is contagious!
Raspberry Honey Bread with Pecan Streusel
Streusel topping ingredients
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 Tbsp melted unsalted butterBread ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper so that the loaf may be easily removed after baking.
- To prepare the streusel topping, stir together the pecan pieces, flour, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Then add the melted butter, combining the mixture with a fork until it forms crumbs. Place the mixture in the freezer while the bread is being prepared.
- Sift the 1 1/2 cups flour in a medium bowl, then add the salt and baking powder and whisk the mixture.
- Combine the following wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tsp honey, 2 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time and stir using a spatula until just combined.
- Gently toss the fresh, washed raspberries and 1 Tbsp flour in a small bowl. Then stir the berries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter. Bake the bread for approximately 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing. Store the bread in the refrigerator or it can also be frozen.
If you need to restock your pecan stash, now is a great time to do so! We are offering free shipping on all online orders of $25 or more. No discount code needed. Click here to shop our collection of raw pecans!